Monday, June 25, 2012

phx in pdx: 3

Staying caffeinated is not a problem in Portland.  And anyone that knows my husband knows that coffee is a priority for him in the morning and afternoon and sometimes evening.  
So everyday we picked a new coffee shop to try out.  I am a tea drinker by nature, but I did make a few exceptions since we were visiting the coffee mecca of the west. 
Our favorite coffee shop was Coava.   
The coffee was as smooth and the atmosphere totally won me over.  I love masculine design.  Hard edges and clean lines mixed with rich woods make me feel comfortable and homey.  You can probably see this with the design of Bunky Boutique.
We also enjoyed Heart Roasters (below).

The quintessential Portland guy!  A book stand, really?!  We had to sneak to get the photo.

My early morning tea ritual was made even more special with the beautiful presentation at the Urban Farmer restaurant in our hotel.  
English breakfast tea with a mini carafe of soy milk.  


No comments:

Post a Comment